What Happens in a Conscious Breathing Session?
We begin by exploring the breath and the many ways it reflects physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual patterns in your life. Then, I will teach you simple, practical and effective breathing practices — tailored just for you! — that you can practice on your own, to help you understand and release bad breathing habits, deal more effectively with stress-related and emotional symptoms, and reclaim your own open, natural, healthy breath. When you are ready for the next step, we will shift to somatic breath therapy — a conscious, connected, relaxed, diaphragmatic breath, freeing your bodymind from deep physical, emotional, and energetic patterns of contraction and trauma, and opening a space for your natural organismic breath and your heart's deepest wisdom to emerge. The breathwork portion of each session is typically 45-75 minutes, using artfully designed music, verbal coaching, and skillful, respectful touch to support the breath in breaking free!
What Makes your Conscious Breathing Work Unique?
I am a trainer and practitioner in Somatic Breath Coaching and Somatic Breath Therapy, a form of Conscious Breathing that draws upon the most powerful discoveries of rebirthing, holotropic, transformational, therapeutic, Middendorf, Buteyko, and yogic breathwork.
Somatic Breath Therapy:
- Builds upon the basic foundation of Mindfulness, cultivating deeply embodied and compassionate presence.
- Can be delivered without touch (SBC) or with Touch (SBT), depending on the client, provider and situation; every person’s breathing, and life, are unique!
- Supports clients in re-engaging with their body’s stories in a safe, supportive and integrative environment that does not necessarily require re-experiencing past trauma.
- Teaches practitioners to synchronize their body awareness with their clients’ by breathing with them during key moments in the session, maintaining an emotionally and somatically attuned relationship.
- Embraces and collaborates with a “third thing”, which we call Body Breathing Interactive Intelligence (BBQ) (sometimes referred to as Spirit of Breath) as an integral aspect that guides the maximum healing benefit.
- Makes an important distinction between authentic emotional release and dramatic expression. Authentic release coupled with relaxed breathing can produce lasting healing benefits, while dramatic expression only offers a temporary reduction of emotional intensity. We train practitioners to feel and know the difference.
- Addresses both the client’s state of consciousness – the ‘aha’s or insights that are triggered by healing experiences – and the client’s stage of development. We believe that both are important to sustained healing and transformation.
- Incorporates the latest discoveries in interpersonal neurobiology, trauma therapy, and sports physiology, and addresses therapeutic concerns such as re-traumatization, transference, countertransference, ethical standards, referral, and establishing a safe and empathic therapeutic container.
How to Contact Me
phone: (828) 450-8800